Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information GGI may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
· When you create an ID within GGI’s application, purchase a product, download a software update, connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information, personal records, and profile information where the contact is via social media.
· When you share your content with GGI, send products, or invite others to participate in GGI’s services or forums, GGI may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. GGI will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
· In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances as may be required by law.
How we use your personal information
· The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on GGI’s latest product and service announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
· We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
· We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of account holders.
· From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with GGI, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
· We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve GGI’s products, services, and customer communications.
· If you enter into a any promotional activities provided by GGI, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
· If you apply for a position at GGI or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at GGI, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how GGI handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
· Lastly, we may utilize your personal information for any commercial interest GGI has or may have with any third party.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
· We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an GGI service or product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
· We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
· With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Ads that are delivered by GGI’s advertising platform may be sent to you. If you do not wish to receive ads targeted to your interests from GGI’s advertising platform, you can communicate such preferences to GGI. You may still receive ads based on context like your search query or the channel you are reading. In third-party apps, you may see ads based on other information.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the GGI website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times GGI may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help GGI market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. GGI does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you access GGI’s software, you authorize GGI, its affiliates, and secured third parties to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out and improve our service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by GGI.
GGI shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever GGI operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for GGI to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
GGI takes the security of your personal information very seriously. GGI protects your personal information during transit using encryption. When your personal data is stored by GGI, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. With the exception of data that excludes personal identification, this data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage.
When you use some GGI products, services, or applications or post on an GGI forum, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
If you or anyone else accesses your GGI application, any information shared within your such access—including personal medical information and the alike—may be downloaded or sent to that third-party device thereby disclosing any such shared information. Such action is not within GGI’s control. GGI has no responsibility in these instances.
The Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
GGI does utilize high-tech software that may provide decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your GGI application. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if GGI is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. Online tools for the exercise of access, deactivation/restriction, correction, or deletion requests are available only by written request to our corporate headquarters. When you make a request using these online tools, we will verify your identity and the legitimacy of your request.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from GGI information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You can exercise your rights through an authorized agent by providing relevant details to allow sign in via GGI’s website. If you cannot access GGI’s online tools, you or your agent can make a request to GGI via our telephone information.
If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from GGI.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
See our page on understanding and controlling your personal information for more information on exercising your rights. Where the online tool is not currently available for access requests in your region, a request may be made directly to GGI.
Children & Education
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using GGI products and services. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own GGI IDs, unless their parent provided verifiable consent or as part of the child account creation process or they have obtained a GGI ID account (where available) independently. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If at any time a parent needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with their account or child’s GGI ID, they may contact us through one of the options provided at the bottom of this page.
To provide location-based services on GGI products, GGI and our partners and licensees, such as maps data providers, may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by GGI and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by GGI, require your personal information for the feature to work.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
GGI websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
GGI abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern regarding our APEC CBPR and/or PRP certifications please visit our third-party dispute resolution provider.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to GGI employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages your contact to address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.